800 từ hay dùng trong kỳ thi TOEIC.
Chia sẻ: phuongnc10102010
Tài liệu tham khảo về 800 từ hay dùng trong kỳ thi TOEIC.
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: 800 từ hay dùng trong kỳ thi TOEIC.
- L1 Contracts 1. Abide by v. to comply with, to conform 2. Agreement n. a mutual arrangement, a contract 3. Agree v. agreeable adj. 4. Assurance n. q guarantee, confidence 5. Cancel v. to annul, to call off 6. Determine v. to find out, to influence 7. Engage v. to hire, to involve+ 8. Establish v. to institute permanently, to bring about 9. Obligate v. to bind legally or morally 10. Obligation n. obligatory adj. 11. Party n. a person or group participating in an action or plan, the persons or sides concerned in a legal matter 12. Provision n. a measure taken beforehand, a stipulation 13. Provider n. provision n. 14. Resolve v. to deal with successfully, to declare 15. Specify v. to mention explicitly 16. Specification v. specific adj. L2 Marketing 17. Attract v. to draw by appeal 18. Attraction n. attractive adj. 19. Compare v. to examine similarities and differences 20. Comparison n. comparable adj. 21. Compete v. to strive against a rival 22. Consume v. to absorb, to use up 23. Consumer n. consumable adj. 24. Convince v. to bring to believe by argument, to persuade 25. Current adj. Happening or existing at the present time, adv. To be on top of things 26. Fad n. a practice followed enthusiastically for a short time, a craze 27. Inspire v. to spur on, to stimulate imagination or emotion. 28. Market v. the course of buying and selling a product, n. the demand for a product 29. Marketing n. marketable adj. 30. Persuade v. to move by argument or logic 31. Productive adj. Constructive, high yield 32. Satisfy v. to make happy L3 Warranties 33. Characteristic adj. Revealing of individual traits 34. Consequence n. that which follows necessarily 35. Consider v. to think about carefully 36. Consideration n. considerable 37. Cover v. to provide protection against
- 38. Expire v. to come to an end 39. Frequently adv. Occurring commonly, widespread 40. Imply v. to indicate by inference 41. Promise v. n. to pledge to do, bring about, or provide 42. Protect v. to guard 43. Protection n. protective adj. 44. Reputation n. the overall quality of character 45. Reputable adj. Reputed adj. 46. Require v. to deem necessary or essential 47. Requirement n. requisite adj. 48. Vary v. to be different from another, to change L4 Business planning 49. Address v. to direct to the attention of 50. Avoid v. to stay clear of, to keep from happening 51. Demonstrate v. to show clearly and deliberately, to present by example 52. Demonstration n. demonstrative adj. 53. Develop v. to expand, progress, or improve 54. Development n. developer n. 55. Evaluate v. to determine the value or impact of 56. Evaluation n. evaluator n. 57. Gather v. to accumulate, to conclude 58. Offer v. to propose, to present in order to meet a need or satisfy a requirement 59. Primary adj. Most important, first in a list, series, or sequence 60. Risk n. the chance of loss or damage 61. Strategy n. a plan of action 62. Strategize n. strategic adj. 63. Strong adj. Powerful, economically or financially sound 64. Substitute v. to take the place of another L5 Conferences 65. Accommodate v. to fit, to provide with something needed 66. Accommodation n. accommodating adj. 67. Arrangement n , the plan or organization 68. Association n, an organization of persons or groups having a common interest 69. Attend v, to go to, to pay attention to 70. Attendee n., attendance n. 71. Get in touch v, to make contact with 72. Hold v, to accommodate; to conduct 73. Location n, a position or site 74. Overcrowded a, too crowded 75. Register v, to record 76. Register n. registration n.
- 77. Select v, to choose from a group 78. Selection n. selective adj. 79. Session n, a meeting 80. Take part in v, to join or participate L6 computers 81. Access v, to obtain, to gain entry 82. Access n. accessible adj. 83. Allocate v, to designate for a specific purpose 84. Compatible a, able to function together 85. Delete v, to remove; to erase 86. Display n, what is visible on a monitor; v, to show 87. Duplicate v, to produce something equal; to make identical 88. Duplicate n. duplication n, 89. Fail v, not to succeed; not to work correctly 90. Failure n. fallible adj. 91. Figure out v, to understand , to solve 92. Ignore v, not to notice; to disregard 93. Search v, to look for; n, investigation 94. Shot down v, to turn off; to cease operation 95. Warn v, to alert; to tell about a danger or problem 96. Warning n. warning adj. L7 Office Technology 97. Affordable a, able to be paid for; not too expensive 98. As needed adv, as necessary 99. Be in charge of v, to be in control or command of 100. Capacity n, the ability to contain or hold; the maximum that something can hold 101. Durable a, sturdy, strong, lasting 102. Initiative n, the first step; an active role 103. Initiate v. initiation n. 104. Physical a, perceived by the senses 105. Provider n, a supplier 106. Provide v. provision n. 107. Recur v, to occur again or repeatedly 108. Recurrence n. recurring adj. 109. Reduction n, a lessening , a decrease 110. Reduce v. reducible adj. 111. Stay on top of v, to know what is going on; to know the latest information 112. Stock n, a supply; v, to keep on hand L8 Office Procedures
- 113. Appreciate v, to recognize, understand the importance of; to be thankful for 114. Appreciation n. appreciated adj. 115. Be exposed to v, to become aware of; to gain experience in 116. Bring in v, to hire or recruit; to cause to appear 117. Casual a, informal 118. Code n, rules of behavior 119. Glimpse n, a quick look 120. Made of v, to consist of 121. Out of a, no longer having, missing 122. Outdated a, obsolete; not currently in use 123. Practice n, method of doing something 124. Practice v. practical adj. 125. Reinforce v, to strengthen, support 126. Reinforcement n. reinforcing gerund 127. Verbal a, oral 128. Verbalize v. verbally adv. L9 Electronics 129. Disk n, an object used to store digital information 130. Facilitate v, to make easier 131. Network n, an interconnected group or system 132. Popularity n, the state of being widely admired, sought 133. Popularize v. popular adj. 134. Process n, a series of operations or actions to bring about a result 135. Replace v, to put back in a former place or position 136. Replacement n. replaceable adj. 137. Revolution n, a sudden or momentous change in a situation 138. Revolutionized v. revolutionary adj. 139. Sharp a, abrupt or acute; smart 140. Skills n, developed ability 141. Software n, the programs for a computer 142. Storage n, the safekeeping of goods or information 143. Store v. n. 144. Technical a, special skill or knowledge L10 Correspondence 145. Assemble v, to put together; to bring together 146. Beforehand adv, early, in advance 147. Complicated a, not easy to understand 148. Complication n. complicated adj. 149. Courier n, a , a messenger 150. Express a, fast and direct 151. Fold v. to bend paper
- 152. Layout n, a format; the organization of material on a page 153. Mention v, to refer to; n, something read or written 154. Mention n. mentionable adj. 155. Petition n, a formal, written request; v, to make a formal request 156. Proof v, to look for errors 157. Proofreader n. proofing gerund. 158. Registered a, recorded and tracked 159. Registration n. registered adj. 160. Revise v, to rewrite L11 Job Advertising and Recruiting 161. Abundant a, plentiful, in large quantities; n, a large number 162. Accomplishment n, an achievement, a success 163. Accomplish v. accomplished adj. 164. Bring together v, to join, to gather 165. Candidate n, one being considered for a position, office 166. Come up with v, to plan, to invent, to think of 167. Commensurate a, in proportion to, corresponding, equal to 168. Match n, a fit, a similarity 169. Profile n, a group of characteristics or traits 170. Qualifications n, requirements, qualities, or abilities needed for something 171. Qualify v. qualified adj. 172. Recruit v, to attract people to join an organization of a cause 173. Recruitment n. recruiter n. 174. Submit v, to present for consideration 175. Submission n. submittal n. 176. Timeconsuming a, taking up a lot of time L12 Applying and Interviewing 177. Ability n, a skill, a competence 178. Apply v, to look for 179. Applicant n. application n. 180. Background n, a person's experience 181. Be ready for v, to be prepared 182. Call in v, to request 183. Confidence n, a belief in one's ability 184. Confident adj. Confidently adv. 185. Constantly a, on a continual basis, happening all the time 186. Expert n, a specialist 187. Expertise n. expert adj. 188. Follow up v. to take additional steps, to continue 189. Hesitate v, to pause, to be reluctant
- 190. Present v. to introduce, to show, to offer for consideration 191. Presentation n. presentable adj. 192. Weakness n, a fault, a quality lacking strength L13 Hiring and Training 193. Conduct v, to hold, to take place, to behave 194. Generate v, to create, to produce 195. Hire v, to employ, to offer a job or position 196. Hire n. hiring gerund 197. Keep up with v, to stay equal with 198. Look up to v, to admire, to think highly of 199. Mentor n, a person who guides 200. On track a, on schedule 201. Reject v, to turn down, to say no 202. Rejection n. rejecting gerund 203. Set up v, to establish, to arrange; a , arranged 204. Success n, reaching a goal 205. Succeed v. successful adj. 206. Training n, the preparation or education for a specific job 207. Trainer n. trainee n. 208. Update v, to make current. N, the latest information L14 Salaries and benefits 209. Basis n. the main reason for something, a base or foundation 210. Be aware of v. to be conscious of, to be knowledgeable about 211. Benefits n. the advantages provided to a employee in addition to salary 212. Benefit v. beneficial adj. 213. Compensate v. to pay, to make up for. 214. Compensation n. compensatory adj. 215. Delicate adj. Sensitive, adv. With sensitivity 216. Eligible adj. Able to participate in something, qualified 217. Flexible adj. Not rigid, able to change easily 218. Negotiate v. to talk for the purpose of reaching an agreement, especially on prices or contracts 219. Negotiation n. negotiator n. 220. Raise n. an increase in salary 221. Retire v. to stop working, to withdraw from a business or profession 222. Retirement n. retired adj. 223. Vested adj. Absolute, authorized 224. Wage n. the money paid for work done, usually hourly L15 Promotions, Pensions and Awards 225. Achieve v, to succeed , to reach a goal
- 226. Achievement n. achiever n. 227. Contribute v, to add to, to donate, to give 228. Contribution n. contributor n. 229. Dedication n, a commitment to something 230. Dedicate v. dedicated adj. 231. Look forward to v, to anticipate, to be eager for something to happen 232. Looked to v, to depend on , to rely on 233. Loyal a, faithful, believing in something or somebody 234. Merit n, experience, high quality 235. Obvious a, easy to see or understand 236. Productive a, useful, getting a lot done 237. Promote v, to give someone a better job; to support, to make known 238. Promotion n. promoter n. 239. Recognition n, credit, praise for doing something well 240. Value n, worth L16 Shopping 241. Bargain n, something offered or acquired at a price advantageous to the buyer 242. Bear v, to have a tolerance for, to endure 243. Behavior n, the manner of one's action 244. Checkout n, the act, time, or place of checking out, as at a hotel or a supermarket 245. Comfort n, a condition or feeling of pleasurable ease, wellbeing, and contentment 246. Comfortable adj. Comfortably adv. 247. Expand v, to increase the size, volume, quantity, or scope of; to enlarge 248. Expansion n. expanded adj. 249. Explore v, to investigate systematically 250. Exploration n. exploratory adj. 251. Item n, a single article or unit 252. Mandatory a, required or commanded, obligatory 253. Merchandise n, items available in stores 254. Strict a, precise. Exact 255. Strictness n. strictly adv. 256. Trend n, the current style L17 Ordering Supplies 257. Diverse a, different; made up of distinct qualities 258. Diversify v. diversity n. 259. Enterprise n, a business; a large project 260. Essential a, indispensable, necessary 261. Everyday a, common, ordinary 262. Function v, to perform tasks 263. Function n. functional adj.
- 264. Maintain v, to continue, to support, to sustain 265. Maintainability n. maintainable adj. 266. Obtain v, to acquire 267. Prerequisite n, something that is required or necessary as a prior condition 268. Quality n, a distinguishing characteristic 269. Smooth a, without difficulties; deliberately polite and agreeable in order to win favor 270. Smooth out v. Smoothly adv 271. Source n, the origin 272. Stationery n, writing paper and envelopes L18 Shipping 273. Accurate a, exact; errorless 274. Accuracy n. accurately adv. 275. Carrier n, a person or business that transports passengers or goods 276. Catalog a, a list or itemized display; v, to make an itemized list of 277. Fulfill v, to finish completely 278. Fulfilling gerund fulfillment n. 279. Integral a, necessary for completion 280. Inventory n, goods in stock; an itemized record of these goods 281. Minimize v, to reduce, to give less importance to 282. Minimal adj. Minimum n. 283. On hand a, available 284. Remember v, to think of again 285. Ship v, to transport; to send 286. Shipper n. shipment n. 287. Sufficient a, as much as is needed 288. Supply v, to make available for use L19 Invoices 289. Charge n, an expense or a cost; v, to demand payment 290. Compile v, to gather together from several sources 291. Customer n, one who purchases a commodity or service 292. Discount n, a reduction in price; to reduce in price 293. Efficient a, acting or producing effectively with a minimum of waste 294. Estimate v, to approximate the amount or value of something; to form am opinion a. About something 295. Estimation n. estimating gerund 296. Impose v, to establish or apply as compulsory; to force upon others 297. Imposition n. imposing adj. 298. Mistake n, an error or a fault 299. Mistaken v. adj. 300. Order n, a request made to purchase something ; v, to command or direct 301. Prompt adj being on time or punctual, carried out without delay, n. a reminder or a cue
- 302. Promptness n. prompt v. 303. Rectify v. to set right or correct 304. Terms n. conditions L20 Inventory 305. Adjust v. to change in order to match or fit, to cause to correspond 306. Adjustment n. adjustable adj. 307. Automatic adj. Operating independently 308. Automation n. automatically adv. 309. Crucial adj. Extremely significant or important 310. Discrepancy n. a divergence or disagreement 311. Disturb v. to interfere with, to interrupt 312. Disturbance n. disturbingly adv. 313. Liability n. an obligation a responsibility 314. Reflect v. to given back a likeness 315. Reflection n. reflector n. 316. Run v. to operate 317. Scan v. to look over quickly 318. Subtract v. to take away, to deduct 319. Tedious adj. Tiresome by reason of length, slowness, or dullness, boring 320. Verify v. to prove the truth of L21 Banking 321. Accept v. to receive, to respond favorably 322. Acceptance n. acceptable adj. 323. Balance n. the remainder, v. to compute the difference between credits and debits of an account. 324. Borrow v. to use temporarily 325. Cautious adj. Careful, wary 326. Deduct v. to take away from a total, to subtract 327. Deductible n. deduction n. 328. Dividend n. a share in a distribution 329. Down payment n. an initial partial payment 330. Mortgage n. the amount due on a property, v. to borrow money with your house as collateral. 331. Restriction n. a limitation 332. Restrict v. restricted adj. 333. Signature n. the name of a person written by the person 334. Sign n. v. 335. Take out v. withdraw, remove 336. Transaction n. a business deal L22 Accounting
- 337. Accounting n. the recording and gathering of financial information for a company 338. Accountant n. account n. 339. Accumulate v. to gather, to collect 340. Accumulation n. accumulated adj. 341. Asset n. something of value 342. Audit n. a formal examination of financial records, v. to examine the financial 343. Budget n. a list of probable expenses and income for a given period 344. Budget v. budgetary adj. 345. Build up n. to increase over time 346. Client n. a customer 347. Debt n. something owed, as in money or goods 348. Outstanding adj. Still due, not paid or settled 349. Profitable adj. advantageous, beneficial 350. Profit v. n. 351. Reconcile v. to make consistent 352. Turnover n. the number of times a product is sold and replaced or an emloyee leaves and another employee is hired L23 Investments 353. Aggressive adj. Competitive, assertive 354. Attitude n. a felling about something or someone 355. Commitment n. a promise 356. Commit v. noncommittal adj. 357. Conservative adj. Cautious, restrained 358. Fund n. an amount of money for something specific, v to provide money for 359. Invest v. to put money into a business or activity with the hope of making more money, to put effort into something 360. Investment n. investor n. 361. Longterm adj. involving or extending over a long period 362. Portfolio n. a list of investments 363. Pull out v. to withdraw, to stop participating, n. a withdrawal, removal 364. Resource n. assets, valuable things 365. Return n. the amount of money gained as profit 366. Returns n. returnable adj. 367. Wise adj. Knowledgeable, able to offer advice based on experience 368. Wisdom n. wisely adv. L24 Taxes 369. Calculate v. to figure out, to compute 370. Calculation n, calculator n. 371. Deadline n. a time by which something must be finished 372. File v. to enter into public record, n. a group of documents or information about a person or
- an event 373. Fill out v. to complete 374. Give up v. to quit, to stop 375. Joint adj. Together, shared 376. Owe v. to have a debt. To be obligated to pay 377. Owner n. owing gerund 378. Penalty n. a punishment, a consequence 379. Penalize v. penal adj. 380. Prepare v. to make ready 381. Preparation n. preparatory adj. 382. Refund n. the amount paid back, v, to give back 383. Spouse n. a husband or wife 384. Withhold v. to keep from. To refrain from L25 Financial Statements 385. Desired adj. Wished or longed for 386. Desire n. v. 387. Detail v. to report or relate minutely or in particulars 388. Forecast n, a prediction of a future event .v. to estimate or calculate in advance 389. Level n. a relative position or rank on a scale 390. Overall adj. Regarded as a whole, general 391. Perspective n. a mental view or outlook 392. Projected adj. Estimated, or predicted based or present data 393. Project n. v. 394. Realistic adj. Tending to or expressing an awareness of things as they really are 395. Reality n. realistic adj. 396. Target v. to establish as a goal, n. a goal 397. Translation n. the act or process of translating 398. Translate v. translatable adj. 399. Typical adj. Conforming to a type 400. Yield n. an amount produced, v. to produce a profit L26 Property and department 401. Adjacent adj. next to 402. Collaboration n. the act pf working with someone 403. Collaborate v. collaboration n. 404. Concentrate v. to focus, to think about 405. Conducive adj. Contributing to, leading to 406. Disrupt v. to interrupt, to disturb 407. Disruption n. disruptive adj. 408. Hamper v. to impede or interfere 409. Inconsiderate adj. Rude, impolite. 410. Lobby n. an anteroom, foyer, or waiting room
- 411. Move up v. to advance, improve position 412. Open to adj. Receptive to, vulnerable 413. Opt v. to choose, to decide on 414. Option n. optimal adj. 415. Scrutinize v. to look at carefully and closely 416. Scrutiny n. inscrutable adj. L27 Board Meetings and committees 417. Adhere to v. to follow, to pay attention to 418. Agenda n. a list of topics to be discussed 419. Bring up v. to introduce a topic 420. Conclude v. to stop, to come to a decision 421. Conclusion n. conclusive adj. 422. Go ahead v. to proceed with, n. permission to do something 423. Goal n. objective, purpose 424. Lengthy adj. Long in time, duration, or distance 425. Matter n. an item, issue, topic of interest 426. Periodically adv. From time to time 427. Period n. periondic adj. 428. Priority n. something of importance, something that should be done before other things 429. Prioritize v. prior adj. 430. Progress n. a movement forward, v. to move forward on something, especially work or a project 431. Progression n. progressive adj. 432. Waste b. not to use wisely, n. not worthwhile. L28 Quality control 433. Brand n. an identifying mark or label, a trademark 434. Conform v. to match specifications or qualities 435. Defect n. an imperfection or flaw 436. Defect n. defective adj. 437. Enhance v. to make more attractive or valuable 438. Garment n. an article of clothing 439. Inspect v. to look at closely, to examine carefully or officially 440. Inspection n. inspector n. 441. Perceive v. to notice, to become aware of, to see 442. Perception n. perceptive adj. 443. Repel v. to keep away, to fight against 444. Repellent n. adj. 445. Take back b. to return something, to withdraw or retract 446. Throw out v. to dispose of 447. Uniform adj. Consistent in form or appearance
- 448. Wrinkle n. a crease, ridge, or furrow, especially in skin or fabric L29 Product Development 449. Anxious adj. Worried 450. Anxiety n. anxiously adv. 451. Ascertain v. to discover, to find out for certain 452. Assume v. to take upon oneself, to believe to be true 453. Assumed adj. Assumption n. 454. Decade n. a period of ten years 455. Examine v. to interrogate, to scrutinize 456. Experiment v. to try out a new procedure or idea, n. a test or trial 457. Experimentation n. experimental adj. 458. Logical adj. formally valid, using orderly reasoning 459. Research n. the act of collecting in formation about a particular subject 460. Responsibility n. task 461. Responsible adj. Responsibly adv. 462. Solve v. to find a solution, explanation, or answer 463. Supervisor n. an administrator in charge 464. Systematic adj. Methodical in procedure, organized L30 Renting and Leasing 465. Apprehensive adj. Anxious about the future 466. Apprehend v. apprehension n. 467. Circumstance n. a condition, a situation 468. Condition n. the state of something, a requirement 469. Conditional adj. Condition v. 470. Due to prep. Because of 471. Fluctuate v. to go up and down, to change 472. Fluctuation n. fluctuating gerund. 473. Get out of v. to escape, to exit 474. Indicator n. a sign, a signal 475. Indicate v. indication n. 476. Lease n. a contract to pay to use property for an amount of time, v. to make a contract to use property 477. Lock into v. to commit, to be unable to change 478. Occupancy n. the state of being or living in a certain place 479. Option n. a choice, an alternative 480. Subject to adj. Under legal power, dependent L31 Selecting a Restaurant 481. Appeal adj., to be attractive or interesting 482. Arrive v., to reach a destination 483. Compromise n., a settlement of differences in which each side makes concessions
- 484. Daring adj., to have the courage required 485. Familiar adj., often encountered or seen; common 486. Guide n., one who leads, directs, or gives advice 487. Guidance n., guidable adj., 488. Majority n., the greater number or part 489. Mix v., to combine or blend into one mass; n., a combination 490. Mixture n., mixable adj., 491. Rely v., to have confidence in; to depend on 492. Reliability n., reliable adj., 493. Secure v., to get possession of; to obtain 494. Subjective adj., particular to a given person; highly personal; not objective 495. Suggest v., to offer for consideration or action 496. Suggestion n., suggestible adj., L32 Eating out 497. Basic adj., serving as a starting point or basis 498. Complete adj., having all necessary or normal parts, components, or steps 499. Completion n., completely adv., 500. Excite v., to arouse an emotion 501. Excitement n., exciting adj., 502. Flavor n., a distinctive taste 503. Forget v., to be unable to remember 504. Forgetful adj., forgettable adj., 505. Ingredient n., an element in a mixture 506. Judge v., to form an opinion 507. Mixup n., a confusion; v., to confuse 508. Patron n., a customer, especially a regular customer 509. Predict v., to state, tell about, or make known in advance 510. Prediction n., predictable adv., 511. Random adj., having no specific pattern, purpose, or objective 512. Remind v., to cause to remember L 33 Ordering Lunch 513. Burdensome adj., of or like a burden; onerous 514. Common adj., widespread, frequent, usual 515. In common n., commonly 516. Delivery n., the act of conveying or delivering 517. Elegant adj., exhibiting refined, tasteful beauty 518. Elegance n., elegantly adv., 519. Fall to v., to become one's responsibility 520. Impress v., to affect strongly, often favorably 521. Impression n., impressionable adj.,
- 522. Individual adj., by or for one person; special; particular 523. Individualize v., individually adv., 524. List n., a series of names, words, or other items; v., to make a list 525. Multiple adj., having, relating to , or consisting of more than one part 526. Narrow v., to limit or restrict; adj., limited 527. Pick up v., to take on passengers or freight 528. Settle v., to make compensation for, to pay; to choose L34 Cooking as a career 529. Accustom to v., to become familiar with, to become used to 530. Apprentice n., a student worker in a chosen field v., 531. Apprenticeship n., 532. Culinary adj., relating to the kitchen or cooking 533. Demanding adj., requiring much effort or attention 534. Draw v., to cause to come by attracting 535. Incorporate v., to unite one thing with something else already in existence 536. Incorporation n., incorporating gerund., 537. Influx n., a flowing in 538. Method n., a procedure 539. Methodology n., methodical adj., 540. Outlet n., a means of release or gratification, as for energies, drives, or desires 541. Profession n., an occupation requiring considerable training and specialized study 542. Professional adj., professionally adv., 543. Relinquish v., to let go; to surrender 544. Theme n., an implicit or recurrent idea; a motif L35 Events 545. Assist v., to give help or support to 546. Assistance n., assistant n. 547. Coordinate v., to adjust or arrange parts to work together 548. Dimension n., a measure of width, height, or length 549. Exact adj., characterized by accurate measurements or inferences 550. General adj., involving only the main feature rather than precise details 551. Generalize v., generally adv., 552. Ideal adj., imaginary; existing as a perfect model 553. Idealize v., ideally adv. 554. Lead time n., the time between the initial stage of a project and the appearance of results 555. Plan n., a scheme for making something happen; v., to formulate a scheme 556. Proximity n., the state, quality, sense, or fact of being near or next to; closeness 557. Regulation n., rules, laws, or controls; v., to control 558. Regulate v., regulatory adj., 559. Site n., a place or setting 560. Stage v., to exhibit or present
- L36 General Travel 561. Agency n., an establishment engaged in doing business 562. Announcement n., a public notification 563. Announce v., announcer n., 564. Beverage n., a drink other than plain water 565. Blanket n., a covering for keeping warm, especially during sleep; any full coverage; v., to cover uniformly 566. Board v., to enter a boat, plane, or train; to furnish to see the roads v., 567. Onboard adj., 568. Claim v., to take as rightful; to retrieve 569. Delay v., to postpone until a later time; n., the period of time during which one is delayed n., 570. Embark v., to go onboard a flight or ship; to begin 571. Itinerary n., a proposed rout for a journey, showing dates and means of travel 572. Prohibit v., to forbid by authority or to prevent 573. Valid adj., having legal efficacy or correctness 574. Validate v., validation n., L37 Airlines 575. Deal with v., phrase, to attend to; mange; to see to 576. Destination n., the place to which one is going or directed 577. Distinguish v., to make noticeable or different] 578. Distinguishable adj., distinguishably adv., 579. Economical adj., intended to save money, time, or effort 580. Economy n., economize v., 581. Equivalent adj., equal 582. Excursion n., a pleasure trip; a trip at a reduced fare 583. Expensive adj., marked by high prices 584. Expense n., expensively adv., 585. Extend v., to make longer; to offer 586. Prospective adj., likely to become or be 587. Situation n., the combination of circumstances at a given moment 588. Substantial adj., considerable in importance, value degree amount, or extent 589. Substance n., substantially adv., 590. System n., a functionally related group of elements L38 Trains 591. Comprehensive adj., covering broadly; inclusive 592. Comprehensiveness n., comprehensively adv., 593. Deluxe adj., noticeably luxurious 594. Directory n., a book or collection of information or directions 595. Duration n., the time during which something lasts
- 596. Entitle v., to allow or qualify 597. Fare n., the money paid for transportation 598. Offset v., to counterbalance 599. Operate v., to perform a function 600. Operation n., operational adj., 601. Punctual adj., prompt 602. Punctuality n., punctually adv., 603. Relatively adv., somewhat 604. Remainder n., the remaining part 605. Remote adj., far removed 606. Remoteness n., remotely adv., L39 Hotels 607. Advance n., a move forward 608. Chain n, a group of enterprises under a single control 609. Check in v., to register at a hotel; to report one's presence 610. Confirm v., to validate 611. Confirmation n., confirmed adj., 612. Expect v., to consider probable or reasonable 613. Expectation n., expectant adj., 614. Housekeeper n., someone employed to do domestic work 615. Notify v., to report 616. Preclude v., to make impossible; to rule out 617. Quote v., to give exact information on; n., a quotation 618. Quotation n., quotable adj., 619. Rate n., the payment or price according to a standard 620. Reserve v., to set aside 621. Reservation n., in reserve n., 622. Service n., useful functions L40 Car Rentals 623. Busy adj., engaged in activity 624. Coincide v., to happen at the same time 625. Coincidence n., coincidentally adv., 626. Confusion n., a lack of clarity, order, or understanding 627. Contact v., to get in touch with 628. Disappoint v., to fail to satisfy the hope, desire, or expectation of 629. Intend v., to have in mind 630. Intention n., intent adj., 631. License n., the legal permission to do or own a specified thing 632. Nervous adj., easily agitated or distressed; uneasy or apprehensive 633. Nervousness n., nervously adv., 634. Optional adj., not compulsory or automatic
- 635. Tempt v., to be inviting or attractive to 636. Temptation n., tempting adj., 637. Thrill n., the source or cause of excitement or emotion 638. Tier n., a rank or class L41 Movies 639. Attain v., to achieve 640. Attainment n., attainable adj., 641. Combine v., to come together 642. Continue v., to maintain without interruption 643. Continuation n., continual adj., 644. Description n., a representation in words or pictures 645. Describe v., descriptive adj., 646. Disperse v., to spread widely, to scatter 647. Entertainment n., a diverting performance or activity 648. Entertain v., entertaining adj., 649. Influence v., to alter or affect 650. Range n., the scope 651. Release v., to make available to the pubic; to give permission for performance 652. Represent v., to typify 653. Separate adj., detached; kept apart 654. Successive adj., following in order L42 Theater 655. Acting n., the series （（（（（（（ of events that form the plot of a story or play 656. Approach v. to go near; to come close to in appearance or quality; n., a way or means of reaching something 657. Approachable adj., approach n., 658. Audience n., the spectators at a performance 659. Create v., to produce through artistic or imaginative effort 660. Creation n., creative adj., 661. Dialogue n., a conversation between two or more persons 662. Element n., fundamental or essential constituent 663. Experience n., an event or a series of events participated in or lived through v., 664. Experienced adj., 665. Occur v., to take place; to come about 666. Perform v., to act before an audience, to give a public presentation of 667. Performance n., performer n., 668. Rehearse （（（（（（（ v., to practice in preparation for a public performance; to direct in rehearsal 669. Review n., a critical estimate of a work or performance; v., writing a criticism of a performance 670. Sold out adj., having all tickets or accommodations completely sold, especially ahead of time; v., to sell all the tickets
- L43 Music 671. Available adj., ready for use; willing to serve 672. Broad adj., covering a wide scope（（（（（（ 673. Category n., a division in a system of classification; a general class of ideas 674. Categorize v., categorical adj., 675. Disparate（（（（（ adj., fundamentally distinct or different 676. Divide v., to separate into parts 677. Favorite adj., preferred 678. Favorable adj., favorably adv., 679. Instinct n., an inborn pattern that is a powerful motivation 680. Preference n., someone or something liked over another or others 681. Prefer v., preferential adj., 682. Reason n., the basis or motive for a action; an underlying fact or cause 683. Relaxation n., the act of reacting or the state of being relaxed; refreshment of body or mind 684. Relax v., relaxed adj., 685. Taste n., the ability to discern what is excellent or appropriate 686. Urge（（（（（（（ v., to advocate earnestly; a., a natural desire L44 Museums 687. Acquire v., to gain possession of; to get by one's own efforts 688. Admire v., to regard with pleasure; to have esteem or respect for 689. Collection n., a group of objects or works to be seen, studied, or kept together 690. Collect v., collector n., 691. Criticism n., an evaluation, especially of literary or other artistic works 692. Criticize v., critic n., 693. Express v., to give an opinion or depict emotion 694. Fashion n., the prevailing style or custom 695. Leisure n., freedom from timeconsuming duties; free time 696. Respond v., to make a reply; to react 697. Response n., responsive adj., 698. Schedule n., a list of times of events; v., to enter on a schedule 699. Significant adj., meaningful; having a major effect; important 700. Specialize v., to concentrate on a particular activity 701. Specialist n., specialized adj., 702. Spectrum n., a range of related qualities, ideas, or activities L45 Media 703. Assignment n., v., something, such as a task, that is assigned 704. Choose v., to select one thing over another 705. Choice n., choosy adj., 706. Constant n., something that is unchanging or invariable （（（（（（（（（
- 707. Constitute（（（（（（（ n., to be the elements or parts of 708. Decisive adj., characterized by decision and firmness 709. Disseminate（（（（ v., to scatter widely; to distribute 710. Impact n., a strong, immediate impression 711. In depth adj., in complete detail; thorough 712. Investigative adj., specializing in uncovering and reporting hidden information 713. Investigation n., investigate v., 714. Link n., an association; a relationship 715. Subscribe v., to receive a periodical regularly on order 716. Subscription n., subscribers n., 717. Thorough （（（（（（（（（ adj., exhaustively complete 718. Thoroughness n., thoroughly adv., L46 Doctor's Office 719. Annual adj., yearly 720. Appointment n., arrangements for a meeting; a position in a profession 721. Assess v., to determine the value or rate of something 722. Assessment n., assessable adj., 723. Diagnose （（（（ v., to recognize a disease; to analyze the nature of something 724. Diagnosis n., diagnostic adj., 725. Effective adj., producing the desired effect; being in effect 726. Instrument n., a tool for precise work; the means whereby something is achieved 727. Manage v., to handle; to deal with; to guide 728. Prevent v., to keep from happening; to hinder 729. Prevention n., preventive 730. Recommend v., to present as worthy; to endorse 731. Recommendation n., recommendable adj., 732. Record（（（（ v., to set down in writing; n., a official copy of documents 733. Refer v., to direct for treatment or information; to mention 734. Serious adj., weighty L47 Dentist's office 735. Aware adj., having knowledge 736. Catch up v., to bring up to date 737. Distraction n., the act of being turned away from the focus 738. Distract v., distracted adj., 739. Encouragement n., inspiration or support 740. Evident adj., easily seen or understood; obvious 741. Evidence n., evidently adv., 742. Habit n., a customary manner or practice 743. Habitual adj., habitually adv., 744. Illuminate（（（（（（（ v., to provide or brighten with light 745. Irritate（（（（（（（ v., to chafe or inflame, to bother